Head of Energy Storage
- Performance Monitoring: Establish performance metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess the effectiveness of energy storage systems. Regularly analyze and report on the performance of energy storage assets, identify areas for improvement, and implement corrective actions as necessary.
- Project Management: Lead the planning, design, and execution of energy storage projects, including the selection of appropriate storage technologies, collaboration with internal teams and external stakeholders, and ensuring projects are completed within scope, timeline, and budget
- Regulatory Compliance: Stay informed about regional, national, and international energy storage regulations and standards. Ensure compliance with relevant policies, codes, and regulations, and proactively address any potential compliance issues.
- Risk Management: Identify potential risks and challenges related to energy storage projects and develop strategies to mitigate them. Implement appropriate risk management processes and protocols to ensure the safety, reliability, and resilience of energy storage assets
- Strategy Development: Develop a comprehensive energy storage strategy aligned with the organization’s goals and objectives, taking into account market trends, regulatory requirements, and technological advancements
- Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, internal stakeholders, external partners, and regulatory bodies to foster strong relationships, drive collaboration, and promote the adoption of energy storage solutions
- Budget Management: Develop and manage the department’s budget, ensuring optimal allocation of resources to achieve strategic objectives. Monitor expenditures, identify cost-saving opportunities, and provide financial reports to senior management.
- Technological Innovation: Stay abreast of the latest advancements in energy storage technologies, emerging trends, and industry best practices. Evaluate new technologies and develop strategies to integrate them into the organization’s energy storage portfolio.
- Team Leadership: Build and manage a high-performing team of professionals engaged in energy storage research, development, and implementation. Provide guidance, mentorship, and performance feedback to team members to foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, energy management, or a related field. A master’s degree is preferred.
- Familiarity with relevant regulations, standards, and codes governing energy storage systems
- Familiarity with sustainability practices, environmental impact assessments, and energy market dynamics is a plus
- In-depth knowledge of energy storage technologies, including battery storage, pumped hydro, compressed air energy storage, and others.
- Strong project management abilities, with a demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven experience in the energy storage sector, with a focus on renewable energy integration and storage technologies
- Results-oriented mindset with a focus on continuous improvement and achieving measurable outcomes
- Strong leadership skills, with a track record of successfully managing and developing teams
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify innovative solutions to complex challenges.